Nevermore!

Cancer showed up on my doorstep, saying "Surprise!" I said, "What the kitty hell? Get the F&!@$k out of here!"

Friday, November 19, 2010

Praise the Universe!

Yesterday, went to see oncologist, Dr. Hu. Had a CT scan almost two weeks ago. First words out of her mouth: "Where have you been? I've been trying to contact you. Does your phone work?" I explained I had to lower my phone plan to basic service and there is no voice mail anymore, but that she can contact me on my cell phone. "Well, I've been trying to tell you the good news!" I took her hands. "Doc, tell me what's going on!" She said: "The tumor is continuing to shrink." (Mind you, this is going on 3 months with NO chemo!) Now, when we originally began this fight, the tumor was around 8-9 centimeters. With the chemo treatments it shrunk to about 5.2 centimeters. She reported that it is now down to 4.6 X 4.2 centimeters! It is now small enough for them to go in surgically and remove the rest!! She asked me what I was doing these last 3 months as she was very surprised and impressed that it had continued to shrink without the chemotherapy. I told her all that I'm doing. Positive proclamations, thinking, prayer, having a lot of people pray, a lot of people sending positive energy...and Essiac Tea. I've been drinking the tea for about five or six months, now without telling her. I've since learned she is a very open-minded doctor.

She told me to 'write it down for me.' I did so and answered some of her questions. She said, "This is the third time I've heard of this tea. Two other people have said they are using it for preventive. You're the first one I've heard of that is actually using it to 'treat' cancer." She was going to put me on a chemo pill, but with the asparagus and aloe vera juice routine, as well as the tea she said she wants me to continue doing what I'm doing, and...to up the dosage of the tea. "This sounds like very potent stuff." She immediately put an e-mail through to the head oncologist of the department to see if they can't schedule a surgery to remove the last of the tumor. What is so great about this doctor is that she confessed that there are things doctor's don't know. Many things. I got the very strong impression that if she hears of something that works outside the realm of medical science, she is receptive to allowing it to continue, as she has done for me with the Essiac.

I thank my friends, Julie and Shelly, for finding this tea and urging me to try it. I had never heard of it before until they sent me a bag of the crushed herbs to boil for myself and a book about it called: "Essiac A Native Herbal Cancer Remedy" by Cynthia Olsen. When I was finally able to wrap my mind around using herbal therapy, I read the book in one morning (It's not that thick) and regained hope. I opened the bag and followed the instructions on how to prepare it. I tasted the tea and was pleased to find that it tasted rather good and smooth, not bitter or bad tasting at all! :) I started out at 4 ounces a day, and am now up to 8 ounces in the morning. Per doctor's instructions I am upping the dosage to another 8 ounces at night.

Folks, I'm beating this cancer that they said at the beginning they could not cure. I am thanking the Universe, Mother/Father God and all my family and friends who have stood by me on this battle field.

My brother, Vance, and sister-in-luv, Barbi, were with me when I got the news. Barbi hugged me and I cried. Vance took my hand and held on and I cried. I hugged my doctor and I cried. My mom, after I called her yesterday morning to tell her the news, called me back last night and said that after she got off the phone with me, she just sat there in a daze and cried for a half-hour. That she was still in a daze. :)

Life is so good right now! I am convinced that positive thinking mixed with faith, and this tea (thank you Native Indians!!! I love you!!) and the powerful love from friends and family and my kitty (as well as the music from Led Zeppelin and others. ;) ;)) are the necessary elements for the recipe in fighting dis-ease. Find what lifts your spirits, do not pooh-pooh herbal remedies like I did at the beginning. (It took me a few months to wrap my mind around this form of therapy.) Proclaim your intent to be healed and believe it. Absorb the love that flows into your life from those who want, and need, you to keep fighting. Walk on the bridges those things build for you, keep walking, moving forward! Don't give up! Don't stop!

Life is too precious to roll over and give up. They told me that this cancer is incurable and that they could only stay on top of it and keep it in check. My doctor was amazed that the tumor continued to shrink without the chemo. drugs. She was very receptive to this Essiac tea.

A friend of mine, Carmen, reminded me last night of something I told her a few months ago. I said: "I want to go into that doctor's office and have her mouth drop to the floor. I want her to see that I'm a walking miracle." Guess what? It happened!!

My sister, Marla, prophesied that I would blow the doctor's minds. It appears that is where this journey is leading.

I am thrilled beyond belief, overjoyed to the point of getting sore cheek muscles from smiling so much. I can't cuddle with my cat enough, I can't stop being floored myself that this has happened. I'm just waiting for word from the head oncologist now to see if he thinks a surgery would be beneficial or if he would like to see the tumor shrink some more. Either way...I know I'm going to survive this.

Mother/Father God be blessed and loved...life is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment