Nevermore!

Cancer showed up on my doorstep, saying "Surprise!" I said, "What the kitty hell? Get the F&!@$k out of here!"

Monday, January 17, 2011

Nothing to do with cancer, but something to do with therapy...

I like READING!!

I read a blog. She posted this. Please read the below and pass it on. (Especially if you are one of those people who download 'free' e-books, or if you known an author who's been affected by e-book piracy.) This criminal activity has got to STOP! It's getting worse and worse and all I can see is authors being forced out of the publishing business as a result. Read the comments on the libraries especially. I never knew that if you check out a book, you are actually helping the libraries with their low budgets. I'm heading to the library more and more now.


More on Book Piracy
Author Saundra Mitchell had a striking post on the numbers of her books being pirated. If all the illegal downloads had been legal sales, she'd have been a NYT bestseller. The same goes for me. In ten minutes, I found record of tens of thousands of illegal downloads of my books. In ten minutes. It makes me want to cry, since sales numbers justify my existence as a writer. I've ranted about this before. I'll let Saundra do the talking this time, with her permission. And she does it well.

http://anywherebeyond.livejournal.com/342581.html?view=1733941#t1733941

(End pasted quote.)

Dig it!

I'm sorry, but you'll have to copy and paste the link to your browser. I can't figure out why the 'link' option in this blog will not show the actual link. :(
Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment